Halo Group has worked with companies to implement their digital vision, such as:
- helping a global company define business requirements and designing system interactions/services to meet those requirements. In addition, helping to create sequence diagrams that describe the desired subsystem interactions. We are implementing game-changing mobile applications and mobility solutions for this global company. We are leading agile transformation in IT (agile requirements management and high-level design by feature, leading to agile test-driven development). We do this using Visio, Rational Software Architect, Java/WebSphere, Java/Objective-C, and Java/Spring/Pivotal Clout Foundry/Azure.
- creating high-fidelity website designs for the communications department of a major consumer services corporation, that improve the user’s overall experience. Designs are tested by customers, and feedback from these sessions helps to improve and create future designs. We use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- managing the digital presence for a healthcare insurance provider. The Halo Consultant works as the user experience designer, including analysis of the current site, and user testing by putting the page in front of people, watching how they use it, and determining if they make any mistakes. Using the results, we design proper solutions for the team to fix those mistakes on the page. To do this, we use Userzoom for the testing along with hand drawn sketches. In addition, we use Adobe Illustrator and Azure for mid-level wireframes and prototypes.
- working as an expert Business Analyst and Communications and Training Manager for a global enterprise-level agile software development project. The Halo Group consultant develops the global brand strategy including a logo design, user SharePoint, centralized website, UI style guide, and communication standards. In addition, the consultant manages communications to global users, L1/L2 governance, and internal teams via email, PowerPoint, SharePoint, video tutorials, work instructions, user guides, and other training curriculum. We also work with the PMO and IT delivery teams to define and implement the training and deployment strategy for 13,000+ users in Engineering, Marketing, Pricing, and Product Definition. Overall, the consultant serves as the Product Owner for the PDO Reporting work stream, responsible for defining, communicating, and promoting the product vision for this application to all stakeholders.
- working for a major health insurance company on their member portal. The Halo Group consultant provides the contract members a place to find important information about their plans, claim history, and benefits. We’re trying to solve the complexity of understanding healthcare with a user-friendly experience. The Halo Group consultant is a UI designer who works closely with the UX and analyst to access each problem or improvement the company is trying to solve, and collaborates to come up with a solution. Once a plan is devised, the solution is presented to the product owner, after which, style sheets are created and the consultants work closely with the developers to deliver our designs to production.
- assisting a major automobile manufacturer with website and digital marketing services to franchisees. As the Technology Project Manager for DealerCenter, the consultant helps deliver a best-in-class online enrollment experience for dealers doing business with the manufacturer. The Halo Group consultant oversees website enhancements, implementation of new technologies (e.g., custom web Content Management System), and supports day-to-day maintenance and development of future offerings.
- helping a premium executive search firm in migrating their Share Point 2003 based collaboration platform to Share Point 2013 using the Metalogix Enterprise Content Matrix Tool. Consultants performed pre-migration analysis on the entire suite of portals to obtain potential issues in content and UI/UX migration and then customized the tool using PowerShell scripts to overcome the pitfalls during the migration and to allow incremental upgrades. In addition, we developed exhaustive test cases to test content migration and user interface migration. Finally, we designed the staging and production system architecture for fault tolerance and performance scalability.
- helping a Fortune 500 company that supplies communications, security products, electrical and electronic wire, and cable, to build an inventory management system. It is a web application that allows its customers to create and manage their orders including spreadsheet loaders. Key technical highlights include:
REST API using Spring Core and Spring Security
Apache POI to process spread sheets
JSF and its implementation ICE faces for the UI/UX
JMS Queue and JMS Message for sending/receiving messages
JAXB to process XML files DB2 as data store.
Share Point Migration