Software Engineer (Front End Developer)
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
We are seeking a Software Engineer (Front End Developer). You’ll need a strong technology background, most likely a degree in CS or other technical/science/math. You must be a fast learner capable of adjusting as ad new opportunities arise. You must be able to think on your feet and solve problems quickly with grace under pressure.
- Configure, customize, and deploy professional applications using the newest technologies to solve real business problems.
- Implement and maintain highly fault tolerant client- and server-side integrations that will be used by hundreds of millions of Internet users around the world.
- Assess client business requirements against current technology capabilities in order to recommend the best possible integration plan
- Experiment with and implement new proof-of-concept services to address client specific challenges.
- Work as part of a collaborative team in a client-facing role
- A strong understanding of HTTP, cookies, HTML, and related technologies
- Experience with FTP, XML, CSV, JSON, and similar data transfer technologies and file formats
- Experience with shell scripting, Perl, and other programming languages is a strong plus
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Entrepreneurial tendencies, especially the unrelenting need to find a better way to do things
- The ability to clearly express technical concepts verbally and in writing
- The confidence and discretion to work directly with clients as required
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic and the ability to multitask
**Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.