Location: Dearborn, Michigan
The Database Analyst will support the technology team in managing the development, delivery and maintenance. The position will be more data centric; doing DataFeeds & Backend Administration. The selected candidate will be responsible for support functionality, documentation, development, file transfer maintenance and working with IT to maintain hardware. Primary responsibilities include solving technical issues and integrations, day-to-day low level troubleshooting, and cross-functionally work to execute initiatives. Some project management is required as this candidate will need to budget their time and efforts to meet project deadlines. Other responsibilities are to monitor and recommend strategies to enhance operational efficiency and support of new product launches.
- Work well independently and with team based projects to document, learn and take production support of a vendor developed platform.
- Develop plans and code small to medium projects to business requirements while monitoring project risks.
- Propose technically feasible solutions and set accurate expectations on effort and timelines for development & implementation.
- Oversees all phases of the project, coordinating with internal teams, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT throughout.
- Ensures all deliverables and commitments are met and in compliance with relevant standards and methodologies.
- Lead the troubleshooting of technical issues from start to completion.
- Perform SQL reporting, data audits, data clean up and inserts & deletes
- Manage scope change, feature requests and defect tickets.
- Perform BA duties as needed
- In-depth knowledge to support software and frameworks developed in:
- Automotive/OEM experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field preferred or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT functions and services (file transfers, web services, defect management, etc.)
- Advanced customer interaction skills with an ability to build and sustain trusted relationships both internally and externally.
- The ability to design and improve workflows and processes.
- The ability to self-manage and prioritize work schedule per business needs.
- The ability to work flexible hours to support application launch and production outages as needed (but this is rare)
- Strong teamwork skills and be able to foster a collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work effectively under tight timelines.
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
*Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.